Thursday, June 3, 2010

Part Three: Houses, Condos and UAMS Swag

Part Three: Houses, Condos and UAMS Swag

We drove down. Thanks to Gerri and Hannah covering my shift while I interviewed at St. Vincent’s

It was nerve wracking. We drove, visited Ms. Susan (the one person we know down here) We had a few houses to look at the next morning, then my interview and more houses to see after that.
What a stressful situation.
We did luck out with an AMAZING Realtor. She instantly picked up on our aversion to house upkeep, yard work, and general drive time (might have something to do with both growing up in the country 30 minutes from town) and suggested a few condos.
Well, she was going to look up some more addresses and after my interview we would focus more on those.

The interview went well, I think I already blogged about it though so I might skip over how amazing I was ;) I did take my nursing portfolio and anyone from Missouri State will know what THAT means. Yes, I had to pack a separate bag just to carry it down with me.


At the end of the day we found this condo.So we Bought it.Yep, set up the closing date for a month from the day.

Now I got to panic about actually GETTING the job at St. Vincent’s. My biggest concern was what do we do if I don’t get it? Would I be able to get another job before the closing date? We really needed proof of employment to qualify. Oh, it was a nail biter. But, being me and careless. I still didn’t apply anywhere else.


Luckily, I heard back within a little more than a week. (I think this was blogged too) I got it. Success!!!

Now I had a job and a house. It was time to pack and say good bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment