Saturday, June 26, 2010

June 25, 2010

Have you ever had an incredibly, almost unjustifiably stressful checkout experience.
The entire time I felt like the cashiers were oozing exasperation and frustration. I don't blame them.

My parents were coming down today. Yay! I had a lot to do before they got here. I had worked the past three days (my first time working here, yippie!) so naturally the house was... well, every hear of chaos theory? Luckily I have a roomba (<3 roomba!) So I still got to run my 4 miles.

Oh yea, 4 miles, part of the marathon training. Phew. John did it with me. So proud of him!

I had to mail my nursing license (and a lot of other documents) so I could continue working here, as well as buy groceries for the next week, and various other tidbits of errands. So when I got the call that they were coming a bit earlier I was excited and kicked it into turbo gear.
Unfortunately, the checkout station at Kroger was not prepared for my turbo gear.

I'll admit, I'm a pretty tough customer when it comes to checking out. I bring green bags, buy almost all fresh produce, and like to organize my items based on my kitchen storage plan.
This is why I almost ALWAYS use the self-checkout. This way I can have all my OCD and not frustrate anyone else. Well, because I was in a hurry I thought I'd let a cashier check me out (fresh produce) but the line was a little too long, so I switched, then the self-checkout didn't want to let me use my bags, and they kept falling, and the "attendant" had to keep clearing my bags, then my loaf of bread didn't have a barcode. Finally I managed to get out of there. It took nearly 15 minutes to check out! Gah! So stressed.

Oh yea, this is also after I tried to pick-up my photos from Target. A week ago they didn't develop any of the film that had been dropped of the day I dropped mine off. So they told me to come back tomorrow. I gave them a week. Now they told me that they didn't develop my camera because none of the pictures had been taken. So I clarified that the camera started at zero and counted to 27. That's why the wheel read 27 photos. She said she'd develop them right away. So we shopped Target and when we returned she said she had exposed some of our film and they the pictures should be done in another 15 minutes. Not having that kind of time. We left. I thought the phone number I left with my photos was specifically for situations like that...hmm.

All in all very stressful. Post office, then photo debacle, topped off with non-functional checkout.

But my parents made it safely here.
We ate at Faded Rose.
I tried frog legs for the first time. Yes, yes I know it's not VEGETARIAN, but if I have the chance for a new experience I'm going to try it! Very yummy
.

Then we ran to Hobby Lobby so my Dad could get some model train gear and I bought two glass owls.

I <3 owls.

No comments:

Post a Comment