Sunday, June 27, 2010

June 26, 2010

Yay! This was the day my parents got to spend here in AR

We ate a delicious (if I say so myself) breakfast. Vegetable Fritatta from Runner's World. Yum.
Then we decided to do a bit of shopping around Little Rock. Kinda an adventure for me too. I haven't really gone out shopping just for things since I moved here.
We visited a place called The Garden Ridge. It's kinda a Sam's Club of home decor. Furniture, Pottery, Clothes, Bedding, Kitchen gadgets. Everything. My mom loved it. Here we are shopping. We also ran through the Container Store. It's a giant organizational center with stuff for holding stuff. Anything that can hold something. They sell it. Plastic buckets for dog food. Luggage for travel. Shelves for sweaters, gift boxes. We also went to Williams Sonoma. Another store I like and cannot afford. They have an espresso machine for well over $1,0000. It's very shiny.
We ran to Jason's Deli for veggie muffalatas and hurried home to catch the game. USA vs. Ghana. I guess I don't have to share the details of who won THAT encounter.

We don't technically have tv. That is we don't get channels. We've been plugging the laptop into the television set and watching through ESPN. However, turns out this game was televised by ABC. Oh NOES! We had no way to watch it. There we were sandwiches and deli pickles at the ready, ice cream bars in the fridge and no access to the game! Had it been just John and I we would have driven to the gym to watch it. Unfortunately, they have a very strict visitor policy since it's a 24 hour facility.
John is a wiz with quick searches (all those years as a reference librarian) and managed to find another live streaming site. However, it was entirely in Spanish. So we watched it in Spanish and tried to recall that which we had learned in high school. Thankfully, soccer has a universal language.
Too bad we lost.

At least I still have Germany.

No comments:

Post a Comment