Wednesday, June 9, 2010

June 8, 2010

Hey Look!
Over one week of consistent posting! Amazing what being unemployed can do!

Just kidding, I start work next Monday.
However, lets look at what it can do. I'm spending more time reading, playing video games, educating myself in various interests, hanging out with John. Seems pretty good.

There seems to be a secret, hidden Barnes and Nobel here in Little Rock. The iphone seems to think it's somewhere other than it's real location. This made driving there quite difficult. However, it was imperative that we find it.
I finished Richard Dawkins: How a Scientist Changed the Way We Think.
It's a collection of essays (really more like thank you letters) about the book The Selfish Gene and how it inspired an assortment of different people in various fields.
I haven't read The Selfish Gene...
So I booked (ha ha ) it over to Barnes and Nobel and picked myself up a copy. Whee!
Moar Skience!

After this we went to Best Buy to look at new tv stands. I can tell you why on another day.

Dilemma.
I like posting random and funny things that I find online. However, I feel these blog post can get a bit lengthy. Also, I normally write my blog early in the morning and I only have time for about one post a day.
In the past I've been putting the funny links I find up to my facebook feed and leave the blog for one or two goodies as well as my general "life-story" stuff.
Do you people have an opinion as to what I post?
In addition, I love hearing comments back on what I write. Lets me know people read this and I'm not just wasting my time. Let me know what you want more of!


I was almost done until I found this in my googlereader this am.

It's OK to shoot Mexican kids who throw stones.
This is NOT OK.

Read the article and most of the comments. I know there are a lot but these people seem reasonably informed on more of the details of the issue. (As well as a few other sources that covered the same story from different angles.)
I do have to agree though. I don't care exactly what all the details where the point is, he was a kid you were a border agent. You were the adult. He was a teenager. Find a NON-LETHAL way to deal with it.
DON'T KILL CHILDREN.


Augh, makes me so mad.

1 comment:

  1. I like your posts! Your recipes make me jealous that I'm not more creative in the kitchen, but I'm okay with that.

    ReplyDelete