Thursday, June 3, 2010

Part Six: The Move

Here was the game plan
John would take his car plus Brett and Spencer (and the cat!)
I would drive my Dad’s truck with Kelly and keep it for a few weeks while we bought furniture.
John’s Mom would drive down to visit Ms. Susan and provide a ride back for the Springfieldians.
My Dad and Mom would drive the uhaul full of our stuff.
My Grandma would take her RV so my Mom and Dad would have a place to sleep.

Phew, it was quiet a caravan. Not to mention my truck had no AC.

We met at ihop that morning. So John could say goodbye to his Dad and I to my brother.


After a good large breakfast we cram in and start driving.


So many little towns each with a population of about 96.

We made it finally. No wrong turns, one missed lunch (per the boys) and lots of sweat in the truck.

Now the real work began.

Kelly and my Mom took the cabinets apart.
The boys unloaded everything.
I directed traffic.
So much traffic.
I had no idea I owned so much stuff!!
Meagh…


We got it all in though. Now it was time for dinner.


We enjoyed a great time at Browning’s a Mexican restaurant.

I’m sure Brett’s having fun too. He’s just bad at showing it.


The real party was back at the Condo once we were all done.
Sadly, (actually, it’s probably a good thing) those pictures are also on said camera that we do not have a transfer cable for.

They will be up later as well.

The next morning we lounged around the cramped condo, ate a big breakfast that John and I snuck out and bought and then it was time to say goodbye again.

Spencer, thanks for making the last week in Springfield so great. You were such a great help moving. Totally unexpected. Luckily, there’s the internet so we can stay in contact. You’re a great friend and it’s almost creepy how well we all got along so fast. You’re not a serial killer are you? Even so, thanks for all the fun times.

Brett, oh geez. How and what do I say as a good bye to you? We’ve been in pseudo competition over John for so long, I’ll miss having you to fight with. It’s been great. There are not enough things to say to you. I’m really going to miss you. Glad we got to have a party that last night.

Kelly, you’re family, you don’t get a goodbye. But remember who loves you THAT much. (ps. We bought new towels and bed spread)

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad that the only pictures of me on the blog so far firmly cement me as a crazy person.

    Also, I'm going to miss you guys a bunch too. We'll be sure to visit you guys and irreparably damage your new condo! *cough*

    ReplyDelete