Thursday, June 3, 2010

June 2, 2010

June 2, 2010

Meep! I woke up to a fitness profile this morning at 8am. We drove the 2 minutes down the street to our new gym and Devon (I think) tested our fitness. Turns out I suck. I've got great flexibility and cardio but terrible strength. Not a big shocker. I knew my BMI was high but luckily for me if I lose about 5 lbs I'll be back in the average category.

I really like this new gym it's very clean and organized. It's only been open since January so all the equipment is very smooth.

I relaxed at the pool today. So nice. I love sitting by pools and listening to podcasts. I enjoyed the Nature podcast from May 20th and burned myself just a little bit. Not much. Some cool stuff about discovering what fMRIs actually look at using light activated neurons. Yay!

After this I took a nap. Phew, heat makes me tired.

EXCITEMENT!

I LIT a CANDLE TODAY!
This makes me very happy. It has been a long time since I could light a candle. Apartments don't like candles so it's been more than 2 years. So with great excitement I lit one, just because I could.
Then we left and I forgot about it, so it was burning unsupervised (exception of the sharp eye of lil cat.)


We bought some new towels today, ones that match the bathroom and are not all moldy and smelly from the move. We also organized the back room and living room.
The guy from Comcast came and after several weird incidents got the internet mostly working.
Turns out the cable in the office isn't really connected to anything, it's just there. So he set up the wireless off the cable in the living room. They're going to come Monday to run a wire back to the office. So Eevee (my netbook) and the Wii have internet but John's computer does not :b
We had a very nice dinner at Olive Garden. I should recommend the Seafood Brodetto. Yummy.

The house is almost entirely done. All we have left to unpack are the books. Alas, we got rid of our old bookcases so, they won't be unpacked until we buy new ones.

It's on the list.

Sorry about all these, what I would call boring posts. Nothing cool or science-y to discuss just me rambling about moving and unpacking etc. Cool stuff soon.
I found a bunch of pictures of stuff I did a while ago in Springfield and the like. Maybe some backposts about that stuff too.

More later!

This is walking outside around my condo. It's so pretty. I tell people it's like living in the Nature Center. So many trees. I've got a little Treehouse!!

1 comment:

  1. Well John has a treat waiting for him on Steam when he gets up and running again.

    ReplyDelete