Monday, June 14, 2010

June 14, 2010

* Yawn, Stretch, Blink*

What the?

Yes, I just woke up from an afternoon nap.
I didn't mean to take one.

I had orientation from 730-1445. I watched the end of the Paraguay/Italy match. The first half of my long anticipated Germany/Australia match (still haven't finished it) and fell alseep!

What is this silliness? I'm drinking a homemade cappuccino now trying to wake up enough to go to the gym. I haven't been running in a few days and it's driving me nutty. However, in my current state I might fall off the treadmill. (It is WAY to muggy and hot to think about running outside. September is coming though!)

Orientation wasn't bad. Just kinda long and dry. It seemed like it was mostly new grad nurses. I'm just glad I wasn't lumped in with them. Mostly because I have a teal RN badge (Woohoo!) Today was a more "System-Wide" Orientation, so there were people from every department. Tomorrow however, I start off with just other "experienced" nurses (1 year? Seriously?)

I do think I need some new scrubs though. I found some holes in mine in compromising places today. Turns out my big legs wore through the inner thigh on these babies!

John got his packet of UAMS stuff in the mail yesterday. Schedule, book list, supply list. Eep. Good thing we already own a copy of Netters' Anatomy. That is one expensive textbook. Our bills and cash are starting to merge now. One increasing whilst the other decreases. I'll be getting my first paycheck in two weeks and not a moment too soon. So maybe then I can replace some of these thinning pants.

We did receive our washer and dryer today! Again, we measured correctly, but because of "vent placement" or whatever, they still stick out too far out of the closet. So, we had to remove the doors. I'm planning on getting a curtain soon. They do look nice!


What else to post? (now that the caffeine is kicking in)

More than a little nervous to be working for the Catholics, but they assured everyone that while they are a faith-based institution they do not require their patients or employees to share their faith. As long as they are willing to be as compassionate as Jesus Christ.

I think I can handle that.

No comments:

Post a Comment