Saturday, June 5, 2010

June 4, 2010

Whee!
Another wonderful day here.

I woke up early (as is my habit, normally 0630) and began tinkering around with THIS. Isn't is beautiful. It's my drink station! John built this for me. It holds my coffee, cookbooks, and various other things. I love it. It looks really great in the living room. It also saves me a couple of steps when I'm reading on the couch and need a caffeine fix. I'm enjoying a cup from it right now!
Worked out at the gym today! So great. They've got some "basic 8" thing I'm trying but I modified the last few exercises so it's more geared toward my "personal preferences." Anyone who has looked (few I'm sure) knows I don't need to work out my calves. I inherited my Dad's legs. He won a "Best Legs" contest in college. I think he received a years supply of Leggs pantyhose...

ANYWAY.

We joined the public library today. I meant to take pictures but didn't. I will on my return trip though. We were allowed to check out one item per card at a time until our cards come in. So difficult!
This library is great. They had a lot of things I would be interested in. It was very very difficult to decide on my one item until John located this.
I have a bad habit of stalking scientists and reading as much as possible about them in a short period. Right now it's Dawkins, but I don't think I'll ever read everything about him. I don't have that long of a life span! If you don't know (I'm just throwing it out there) He's a brilliant (personal opinion) evolutionary biologist who has written several books and made vast advancements in the realm of science, logic, and reasoning.
That made my choice a little easier.

I made more delicious food today!
Lunch was this grilled veggie wrap. Asparagus and red bell peppers, yum yum!

Dinner was roasted sweet and sour hawaiian pineapples and bellpeppers over rice. Scarfed that!
We also watched a fantastic movie that I would almost recommend except it was very frightening and brutal. It's was Das Experiment. It was based on the Stanford Prison Experiment. Except, while the real experiment was terminated after 4 days, this one continues. Very scary what people are capable of doing. It was excellent, but like I said I don't know if I can really recommend it to too many people. It's a bit dark. Not at all a happy movie, but it's based on truth.

After that we fell asleep watching funny youtube videos.
This one I think wins. (Language, but if you have headphones or are not were you're going to offend someone. So worth the time.)

Sigh, freeze pops.

1 comment: