Tuesday, June 22, 2010

June 22, 2010

So I was going to wait until I got my photos back so I could late entry some stuff about what I've been doing. (The fun stuff) but Target didn't develop my photos like they said they would, so....

I'm moving on without them.
I used to blog in the AM because I wake up at freak early and had nothing better to do, however. I started going back to work this morning. So, let me tell you about that.

I usually come home in this surge of adrenaline. No change today. So this post may be kinda similar to my "science rages" (for those of you who have seen that lovely.)

I don't really want to get into too many details (mostly because I've got some FIFA games to get caught up on before I fall asleep) but here's the short of it.
I see lots of room for improvement. Lots.
None of my passwords worked and everything is kept in a locked cabinet of some kind. So that was very frusterating. I felt like my hands were incredibly tied, because I didn't know where anything was. I couldn't do much except watch. Which I guess is to be expected, it was my first day. But I would have liked to do SOMETHING.

Ah well.
Had a wonderful dinner with John, now I feel much better. Sitting on my couch with my cat watching FIFA. I wish FIFA was all year long. Sigh. So happy.

Ah Science and Soccer!
Researchers atNorthwestern University in Evanston, Ill. developed software to evaluate soccer players ability.

Hmm, don't have much.
Best patient of the day was a man who's pacer shocked him twice while having an argument with the repairman about the air conditioner. Every time he told the story he got so mad his pacer would shock him again.

The preceptor I was supposed to be with twitched shifts with someone yesterday so I was with a different nurse than I should be with. It all worked out great though. She was also from Mo, displaced to Ar. So she could tell me all the differences between nursing there vs. here. The best moment is when she told me that it doesn't matter where in Missouri I'm from, to these people I'm a bloody yank and that I shouldn't let these petty southern bitches bother me with their stupid politics.
:D

>:(
I thought the nursing compact between Mo and Ar would let me work here. No. I only have 30 days. Then I thought my 30 days would start either my 1st day of orientation or my 1st day of work. No. I expire on the 30th of this month. I rushed to get my Ar driver's license, and fingerprints friday, tried to get the bank setup Monday and now I work until Thursday. I still have to get a money order and this form notarized. Like any of that will be open after 7pm.
Lets hope this paperwork goes though fast. It will still take 1-2 months to get my background check done, so I'll have to have a temporary permit anyway. That's an extra $25 I didn't want to have to spend...

Bad timing.

Today was my "off" day for marathon training, but I ran 3 mi yesterday.
I'm in the "warm-up" to actual training. 4 weeks of alternating 3 and 4 mi with two off days.
Woohoo.

Man, I really want to play L4D tonight but I know I will fall asleep. Boo.

No comments:

Post a Comment