Thursday, June 17, 2010

June 16, 2010

This blogging at the end of the day is really not the best for me.
I keep wanting to talk about THIS day. Instead of the day before, which now I can't remember.

Too much orientation. Most of which I will not be using. There's nothing like sitting through 3 hours of something to hear, "Oh, your department doesn't use this system." Sigh. At least I get paid to sit here.

I've been taking little naps every time I get home from work I am just that drained from doing nothing. I'll eat, take a nap and then wake up and go to the gym. I know it's not the best system and I should change it soon.
Speaking of the gym, John's lost four pounds!
Guess who found them.

Aggravating, but I've never really done any strength training so, it's to be expected. Still. Grr...

I learned that there is a uniform policy. When I interviewed this was one of my direct questions. The answer then was no, the answer now is Ceil Blue.
What is a Ceil? Anyway. I bought some new scrubs. (Whee!!) I'm kinda like a cartoon character in that I like to wear the same thing everyday. It makes life so much easier. So I bought four of this.

I like it. The top isn't so long that I can't reach the pockets. (A situation I've run into before with my stubby arms.)
I've got to get back to doing something with work before I give up on nursing all together! I'm going crazy with all this bs.

In other happier news... um. Can't really think of much. I haven't had a chance to really look at any of my cool internet sites. While I have been browsing the web on my phone non-stop in these silly classes, I can't remember much. I'm one chapter away from the end of The Selfish Gene. Book review to come soon.
I've become a huge fan of GoogleReader. For some silliness I've always been a little afraid of RSS feeds. I don't know why I thought they were difficult or confusing. But now! My eyes have been opened! I strongly suggest if you like browsing the internet or have a few favorite sites you get yourself GoogleReader! Of course if you're a smarty you're already using google for just about everything else.
I say this with 458 unread stories in my feed, but oh well.

And now I am going to run from my problems.

1 comment:

  1. Could you give a rundown on how to set up RSS feeds? I am in the same boat as you were, and don't really know much about them and am afraid to poke at them with a stick. I actually added your blog via RSS to my iGoogle, which is the first time I ever used RSS. Coincidence!

    ReplyDelete