Friday, June 11, 2010

June 10, 2010

Somehow I scratched my left eye pretty bad, it hurts occasionally and will tear up.
It should heal pretty quickly, it's just annoying.

My library card finally came in the mail!! I was so anxious, John's came about three days ago. I thought maybe I had put the wrong address or some other various nonsense. When I signed up to vote I wasn't paying attention and checked the box that said I was mentally incompetent. I guess that just goes to show I do know what's going on ;)

I'm starting to get that bored feeling I get when I've been doing the same thing too long. Work cannot start soon enough. I've loved being at home everyday and not really having a schedule, but it's starting to wear on me. I can tell it's starting to wear on John too. He's ok with not having much to do but I'm not. It might be getting on his nerves.
Now that I have a library card though I can reeeeeaaaaad!

People know I have this odd penchant for owls. I can't explain it, but I like them. Well, maybe I can explain in. My great-grandmother also had this thing for owls. I didn't know her that well, but I do remember all the owls in her house. Maybe that's where I get it. Alas. I've been working on my naturalist side by drawing them and learning stuff. I've always been a bit of an ornithologist in my family. (Organizing the "Bird Club" at the age of 5 and making myself President and my Grandfather Vice President because he owned the binoculars.) This is just a chance for me to work on my observation and artistic skills as well.
Not that I'm out looking for owls. They're a bit hard to spot especially within city limits.
Other birds are quite a bit easier. Now I understand why the Mockingbird is the state bird. He's EVERYWHERE! Since he's pretty much the only bird I've seen since moving here, I wonder how he learns his songs...

Every now and then I get the twinge that I should have done something else with my life. Especially with my love of nature and science. My first dream was to be a conservationist, but this was also the dream of a small child. So, as I grew up I chose something more professional. I think once I get back to work I'll remember why I chose nursing. I do remember how much I like having the time to work on my hobbies. Something I would not have otherwise.
I do know I want to go back to school so I can teach. That's a huge goal of mine. I just hope I get the chance to soon. It's in the five year plan.

I'm slowly thinking about maybe sometime in the near future contemplating the possibility of switching my email account. It might be time to put the maiden name to rest. Now is probably the best time seeing as how no one down here knows my by that moniker. I'll put up the "go live" date but, we've got some time still...
I liked Benne, it will be missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment