Monday, August 9, 2010

This was a big weekend for us! Here I am, super proud of John as he finally gets his White Coat.
Here's what I learned. The White Coat Ceremony has only been around since the 90s. It was instigated to impress upon Medical Students the importance they have as students. They're not yet doctors, but they're still viewed as medical professionals by the general public. Essentially, when you wear a white coat, people don't look at your name tag, they just assume you know what you're talking about. So, don't screw it up. The longer your coat is, the farther along in your education you are. So, my tall man in a short coat looks kind of silly. Who cares?! He did it!

I got to meet a lot of people as John introduced me to his classmates. I'll be honest, it has been a long time since I've been in a group of people near my age. It was nice. Being with peers, and even better that we could all be around the same level of education. The "Welcome to Hell" party was great fun. Very loud, but great fun.

Today John is actually in class. I'm home alone until he gets out, then he'll either go to a friend's house to study or they'll all come here.

I've really got this "learning Spanish" drive right now. I've had at least one Spanish ONLY speaking patient. It's really building up my confidence in this language I've never really gotten to use.

Right now I'm navigating the "downloadable" library of audiobooks at the library. Not a great selection and it takes FOREVER to actually get the audio.
I had to put my selection on hold, wait a week, now I have to download their "reader" install, download the audiobook, and now I'm trying to load it on my ipod. An HOUR per installment? It's only an 11 hour book. It will take longer to get the book transferred than to listen to it.
Bah, not doing this again...
Well, let's hope Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Killer is worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment