Friday, August 27, 2010

I just became WAY less productive.

Did you know there is now Netflix for the iPhone?!?!

I was so excited to learn this.
Not that I have a lot of time to watch movies or tv. It's still exciting.
Maybe that tredmill running won't be so horrible now.

I got one of my projects at work up and running. People are going to be able to nominate teamplayers and hard workers to receive a reward. I'm trying to use positive reinforcement on good behaviors to improve morale. Now that we've got our pods working again it's a lot nicer.
Yesterday was a good day. For some reason I find it a lot easier to work with male nurses. They don't get all huffy if you walk of in the middle of a conversation to do something important.
Also, they talk less. I like that.
Sadly, most of our current doctors are leaving at the end of this month. I don't know them very well, but I know them a little bit. Enough to know I'll miss them.

Good news everyone!
A long time ago I accidently took my vibrams off at my parents house while taking a shower, they were eaten by Mocha the dog.
I asked Vibram what size I had ordered explaining that I need a new pair because mine had been eaten, now they're sending me a new pair for free!!!
Ah! New shoes?!?!
Now I'll own 4 pairs of shoes!

Not a lot of science updates recently. I'm bad.
Sort of lazy. I did spend too much time looking at images and videos of cuttlefish yesterday.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-DusaSVHmM&feature=related

So awesome.
I think fish are an excellent example of how alien another terran creature can be. Its cool what can evolve in a zero gravity environment.
Sweet little Cthulus.

Speaking of which. I just began reading Lovecraft last week. Sigh. I'm hooked. What a great writing style. It's SciFi Poe. I love it.

Yay! Almost the weekend. Working 5 12hour shifts was hard in the beginning. However, now I just look back and think of all the boredom I would of had if I had not been working. I don't think I'll sign myself up for that many hours again too soon (I do have to finish the next few weeks of this madness) but the good news is once I do have some time off I'll have plenty of money to blow!

I think I'm going to use these powers for good and get that new iphone. Maybe a chair or something for my porch now that it's functional. Or perhaps I'll do what I always do and decide that there really is nothing I need in life.

My goodness, my Guinness. Is it the weekend yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment