Thursday, August 5, 2010

I've got to stop doing this...

Normally when I use that phase it refers to either sitting on the couch all day playing video games, or getting french fries from the cafeteria, but this time it refers to how often I speak up when I should keep quiet.

So my first unit council meeting is the 19th. So far I've got 5 different topics to present on.
1. Positive reinforcement for meeting standards of care.
2. Change of shift meetings.
3. Stroke protocols
4. Chest pain flowsheets
And now...
5. A code summary of Aug 3

As I was trying to leave work two nights ago I walked into a circus of a code. Unfortunately the two doctors who would have discharged my pts were busy as well as the charge nurse so I couldn't get rid of my pts or give report.
So I hitched up my britches and did what I could to wrap up the code.

I'm not talking bad about the nurses or doctors that I work with, they did as well as they could with the equipment they had. Unfortunately, they didn't have the equipment they needed!
I found this as an opportunity to write a strongly worded and bullet-pointed (??) email to my manager trying to get us some funding to purchase some much needed supplies.
Now he wants me to present my case to the nursing council.
(The guy lived btw.)

I'm going to be so busy. These people are going to be sick of seeing my face...

No comments:

Post a Comment