Tuesday, August 10, 2010

MedSchool Widow

I've been replaced.
Instead of me John gets to snuggle with large books all evening. Right now he's explaining how Cipro effects the twisting and untwisting to topoisomerase. Wow, this is day two of classes. He's got a quiz tomorrow morning too.

I spent the day doing delightfully whatever I wanted. Although I can see how once it gets cold and the pool shuts down this is going to be a lot less enjoyable. I keep holding out for payday because John just wrote a check for $20,000 and it's freaking me out just a little. Mostly because all of our bills are set to autopay so I'm not quite sure when they withdraw from our account... No harsh calls from the bank just yet.

Once I get away from work for a while I really start to fall back into my "Sam" habits. I'm not so obsessed with nursing. I'm trying to come up with interesting stories or facts or whatever. Nope, nada, not much.

Hmm, just to not be lazy I'll browse my inbox.
SciAm says MRSA infections are on the decline. This is good, who needs MRSA infections? Blood related hospital acquired MRSA infections have decreased
34% in the 4 years between 2004 and 2008.
Yay, go handwashing.


Now, THIS is interesting. How to make the Elixir of Life. Wow.
Thanks to Harry Potter we all know what the Philosopher's Stone is. (Or if you never heard of the British title, The Sorcerer's Stone) Here it is on eHow. com how to make your own! Of all the things in the past to make a comeback. (I thought 80s fashion was bad enough) Alchemy?

I know, I know. It's probably just a small subset of nutjobs that would actually believe this sort of pseudoscience to be true, but it just shows you how little rationality people possess. Even for a small amount of people to think they can brew this up and "improve their aura" etc etc. Think about it. If there are flat earthers, and alchemists out there. How far have we come into the future?


While we're at it, Where's my damn flying car?!

No comments:

Post a Comment