Sunday, August 15, 2010

Ramble bamble...

Remember when I talked about this?
(This is not my blog, but it so sums up my feelings)
How much it sucks to be an adult.

It's happening again, the circle is coming around. I'm reaching the point of irritation with all the things I have to get done. I just don't wanna.
Or so that's how it was going.
I'm slowly picking up. I watched some TV with John and it really helped. The house is a mess, we have no meals for next week, the laundry needs to be done, and I haven't gone running, but I'm happier. So it's all good.

I guess that's the danger of my job. All day I have to be nice and do things for people, go out of my way, deal with high stress, and maintain a cheerful aspect even when I have no clue what's going on. Sigh, sometimes I wish I could be an aggressive, offensive, antagonistic person so people would leave me alone, but no that would go against my humanistic beliefs. I'm outgoing and like to help, it makes more sense. It also makes me really tired.

I know I need to "have time for myself," but currently most of my "me time" is devoted to John so he can focus on school. So, him taking the time to sit on the couch with me and play Star Trek trivial pursuit really made my day better. (Except he beat me, all because I mispronounced Chekov's middle name. Jerk.)

I think I have to make a big decision on this whole marathon thing. It takes a lot of time, am I really wanting to devote this much time to this? I mean, there are so many other things (not just sitting around!) that I also want/need to do. Mostly study for the CEN. I saw on a plaque at work the other day that there are only 3 CENs in our department and one is a 'high-heeled' nurse that doesn't do patient care. Hmmm. I'd like my name on that plaque...

Article for today.
I was listening to the Nature Medicine Podcast and they had a story about a bit of music written using the choir's genetic code. I tried to find a bit of music, but alas I didn't search that hard and if you listen to the 18 min podcast you'll get to hear a bit of it anyway. Quite an interesting concept especially if you think of the ethics recently brought up by the UC Berkley "freshman DNA" experiment. Sigh.

Anyway, I was going to play it to John whilst he studies.

I'm gonna go running. I think I finally found the energy for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment