Wednesday, September 1, 2010

New Month!

Deep breath in and out.

I love the first of a new month.
This month just happens to be my favorite as well.
In my synethesia, September has always been a deep red and denim. I love it. It's a beautiful, crisp delightful time. Autumn is my favorite season. There's nothing like being outside in Autumn.

The first day of a new month always has such possibilities. I think of all the great things I can accomplish in a new month. None of it ever really gets done, but I get to think about it. As a kid I would write and/or draw up these great schematics of what I would teach myself or research or write about and break it down into individual days with different colors and goals. Ah, I was such a little nerd. If I had accomplished all of my little goals I've set for myself since childhood. I could have solved global hunger by now. (and speak Spanish!)

I feel like I go back to my synesthesia more than any other topic on my blog. It's just such a big part of who I am. I often wonder how other people remember things or categorize since they don't see the world the same way I do.
Of course, that goes for a lot of things.
*Ahem*

I'm so glad it's cooled off a bit. I've got to enjoy running a lot more now. Outside! Whee!! I did discover that I live on a beast of a hill though. Gah. It's about 30minutes down and back up. It's a good morning run. I do need to do a bit of shopping around and find some more podcasts. I don't really like running to music anymore. I'm too used to it. I need to engage the brainz!

Any suggestions would be great. Here's what I already have. The Nature Podcast, The Skeptic's Guide to the Universe, Persiflager's Infectious Disease Puscast, and EscapePod.
Something approx 30 minutes, science/healthcare related. That sort of bit.

I'm adding Point of Inquiry and Scientific American (Although I prefer their RSS feed.)
Today I learned about australopithecus africanus (yes, I had to google the spelling) using tools to kill, FDA regulations on inhome genetic testing, and the inheritance of anxious temperament in monkeys from the Nature Podcast of Aug 19. I'm a bit behind. The cat chewed through my connector cable, so it's a bit more difficult to upload my pods. :,(

As far as the science is concerned today. I've got to do dishes so... sorry all. No sciencing...

Oh, today we get a host of new doctors. Yesterday was the last day for all of the current docs at St. Vincent's ER. Hm... This will be an interesting day.

No comments:

Post a Comment