Monday, September 27, 2010

What a weekend.

I've worked since the last update, and that's about it.

Very, very busy days. Finally got a chance to run again yesterday. I ran at 5 in the afternoon and I'll be honest. It was a bit chilly. Weehaw! Autumn is finally here.
For my run this morning it was 53 degrees. I wore long sleeves. I was still cold. It felt great.

Haven't had a great amount of time for "fun" research. I've been doing REAL stuff. I've been working like mad for the past three days on an actual project for work. I put a proposal together for "change of shift" huddles. Complete with a lit review, a pilot study, a data collection tool, etc etc etc. I scienced all day Sunday.

John and I watched the original Taking of Pelham 123 last night. We had seen the remake a month ago or so. It was very interesting to note all of the differences. I appreciated that I could watch and enjoy both movies. They are similar and yet different enough to keep one intrigued even though the plots are essentially the same.
A few of the major differences that were interesting to note were things such as. Everything is so yellow in the 1970s while it's blues and greens in 2000s. People were much, much ruder to each other in the 70s version and cared much less about the people on the subway. Another difference was the mayor of New York was such a pansy that everyone hated. You just can't do that anymore. It's way too taboo to make fun of the mayor of New York. The President is free game, but not New York. Interesting no? Also, the remake worked in this twist of wall street that used some crazy technology.
All in all, I can't actually choose which Gerber I liked more. Walter Matthau, or Denzel Washington. Both excellent. Both great movies. I recommend both. They each stand on their own feet exceptionally well.

Zombie nightmares last night. Shudder.

They're coming for you, Barbara....

Something about being a maze of a building and having to get out while zombies were bursting through the walls. This is what I get for playing Last Night on Earth, before going to bed.
I almost lived this time too. Rats.

Time for work again. I'll be so excited when John's next test is over, he's been studying for a long time. He needs a night off. That will be tomorrow. We'll probably go get some pizza.

No comments:

Post a Comment