Monday, September 6, 2010

Fwd:



---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Sam Crowe <bennett101@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, Sep 3, 2010 at 5:10 PM
Subject:
To: bennett101@gmail.com


Ugh.
Another week down. It's been a bit of a while since I blogged, or at least I feel that way. Just working mostly.
I've been running every other day now that the weather is nice. 75 degrees this AM. Wonderful. I didn't run today though I had to get some laundry done...
I'm scanning the reader right now looking for good science news. Racking my brain too.
John and I recently traveled (Last Saturday actually, so much for recent) to a nearby town because they had the closest gamestore. Pretty much the only game store.
Here's the tale.
 
Bored on a Saturday. Not very good. He's got plenty to do, but occasionally he needs a break from studying and I have been trying to think of things that we can do quickly that will allow him that moment of escape. Movies take too long, eating doesn't need to happen all that often, and you can only play Wii golf so many times.
In the backroom I was assessing our boardgame collection. Pretty sad. We have mostly 4 player games. Eh. That's what they make. The two games we have that are ok with two players are Trivial Pursuit and Trivial Pursuit Star Trek: The Original Series.
Not the best if you're wanting a brain break. So I hopped on the internet and googled "Game Store" with my zip code. Closest store 30 minutes away. So into the car we went.
Good idea.
This was a huge game store. They had sessions running while we were there, the owner greeted us at the door. Called us by name when we left. They had tons of games. It was wonderful. An entire D&D wall. Wow, it was nice. I was very happy we went. Spent a bit more money than we should have and not as much as we wanted to. We picked up Pandemic, a favorite of mine since the first time I ever heard of it and Last Night on Earth. Fabulous games both of them.
 
 

2 comments:

  1. That's what I get for emailing my blogs to myself.
    Sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pandemic is great prep for the "possible" zombie apocalypse =O.

    ReplyDelete