Monday, July 5, 2010

Bad blogger, bad, bad.

Oops, so I fell into my trap of forgetting/not blogging.
Let's hope this period is behind us because today is my first day of my NEW SCHEDULE!

Whee! I've been looking forward to this 11am-11pm shift for a long time. Very long time. Yay.
I think the last thing I blogged about (other than the camera incident) was my parents visiting. That was a fun weekend. Since then, I finished up my 2nd week of orientation and I feel much better around the hospital. My last day I printed off a map and wandered around the building for about an hour. Then I learned that I had found an old map and there was an entirely new section (like the ER). So it was pretty much useless, but I do know where the cafeteria is!

John and I ran the Firecracker 5k. The winner this year had a time of 13:48. We were barely behind him at 32minutes. I was reeeeeeaaally proud of him, this was his first race and he did a great job! Now he has a huge blister on the bottom of his foot. My bad.
This was the best part of the race, running by the speed meter. The police were cracking up.

John's mom stopped by on the beginning of her world travels. She's such an inspiration. She packed up (after about 2 days of "planning" as my understanding) and decided to drive down to Georgia I think to visit some cousins. She's got no plans other than to visit where ever she feels like. She felt like visiting us.

We ate a Bruno's Little Italy. Good good pizza. We looked up some nearby restaurants on an iphone app called Yelp! Very nice. I signed up to start reviewing things. Something fun to do and because, the world needs more of my opinion.

Oh, and here's something I've been wanting to post since we got it. I have such a happy washer/dryer. You would not believe how joyous it is to do laundry in my house. Not only are we happy not to visit any shady laundromats. It's just a cheery time.
Here's my singing dryer.




3 comments:

  1. I like your washer and dryer. Mine sounds like an airplane taking off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am extremely jealous of your dryer. I am not joking. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome washer/dryer! Very cool! Mine are mismatched. The dryer was new-ish and free. The washer was brand new and not free, but, hey....they both get the job done!

    ReplyDelete