Wednesday, July 28, 2010

July 28, 2010

Alright so it's the up and coming of The Professional!
IEEE. I've got to be a grown up now. Work today was great, really great not too many or too difficult patients. I had plenty of time to talk to managers about things that I find to be lacking. We even came up with a few solutions!
I feel like I'm in a place where I can make a difference. John suggested I going somewhere that had more trauma or was more well organized, but no. I can do something here. I'm excited this could be a huge step for me.
I gave them what I had on sedation, RSI, strokes, chest pain, and cath lab patients. I really think I could be a big help with all these resources.
I'm very excited about the changes I could be a part of.

Plus! I'm going to start podcasting! Once John starts school I got it in my head to make a new nurse podcast! So look for it in iTunes!


I'm enjoying a coffee here in the breakroom whilst I eat my lunch/dinner. No crazy patient stories yet. Let's hope things keep on the current route.


Running has been such a blast recently. I've been making great distances if not great times. I really feel like I'll be prepared for this marathon when it comes. Too bad it doesn't cool down here until mid-November. I'm getting sick of the treadmill.


I'm at home now, they sent me home early. Something about being incompetent. (Ha.) I'm multi-tasking, blogging and watching Manchester United vs. MLS. Sorry if this is disjointed and makes no sense now. Soccer is on.

Had a good long conversation with my Mom. Things are going fairly well back home. My Grandma is having some back problems and seems to be hitting people with a cane just to let them know she's not just to having to use one. She's got a history of benign spinal tumors so she went for an MRI today. Lets hope for some good news within the next few days.
As far as bad news a good family friend is unconscious in the ICU on a ventilator. I hope Grandma gets well enough to visit her friend soon.


Man, I'm hungry!
Back to work tomorrow. We'll see what comes up then!



1 comment:

  1. I find it very awesome that you are such a super nurse that you are single-handedly whipping a department into shape. I think you and my mom would get along great. She is a physical therapist, and a few years ago she managed a department. They called her The General. :D

    ReplyDelete