Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Good morning everyone!

I worked my first 11am-11pm shift yesterday, all by myself in my new job. Its so different there. The "pod" where I work is only open for the time I'm there, so by 1030 I had to move my patients down to pod 1 or 2. Strange. They really don't see as much. I find it hard to wrap my brain around closing parts of an ER when there are still patients in the waiting room. I say this and then notice that there were only 2 in the waiting room and 3 beds being cleaned. So, whatever works for them.

I was a bit silly and agreed to work 3pm-3am today. I forgot about the Holland game! Oh DOES! I have to figure out how I'm going to watch it. Hmmm... There are so many more opportunities for overtime here. Once John's in school I can really pick up the hours and get myself that much closer to my Masters'! I've been looking at Walden University online. Most of their reviews came back very highly recommended. Any advice would also be great.

Speaking of great. I was informed that I had been nominated for Nursing Council. I was a little shocked. I mean I was told this on my first day off orientation. Who knows me? What's going on? Still excited and I hope I make it. That would be pretty cool. There's also a "project" thing I could do and as long as I turn it in by next July (with a research paper) I can make a quick $3,000. Not too shabby.

But what's money?
Here's what I really like.
Enjoy a too long video of my cat playing with a straw.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Spock! Sam, I have something for you but I need to get it in the mail. Hopefully I can get it to you soon. I don't know anything about Walden U. I know you, though, and I'm sure if you've checked it out and are considering it then it will be a good experience!

    ReplyDelete