Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Where to start?

Iiiee!

What to blog about? If I didn't procrastinate so badly I might be more caught up.
The ER is under construction at the moment. Odd since they opened it about a year ago. I found out however the company did a terrible job on the floors and (because they were still under warranty) they are going to fix them now. Yes, but, now we have patients here. So, they've completely closed down pod two. Yep, the one in the very middle. So to get from pod to pod we have to walk all the way around the outside. AND there's no nurses station for pod two. Yea, we didn't close it, we can still have patients in the rooms, but there's no center.
I was pod two a few days ago. It was a five minute walk to my patient's rooms and they had no call lights. I had no monitors or windows. My "desk" was a computer on wheels (where I had to keep all my stuff) and I was stationed between the med room and the charge nurses' desk. So I was a little in the way.
It was terrible. Kinda funny in retrospect, but man, I was so worried I'd get a critical patient and be hosed.
And they ask me what changes I would make down here. Ha.

The past two days I've been in fast track. This is were non-critical patients go (broken arms, eye complaints, etc) to keep the flow going. It's been slow and boring. I've mostly been searching the internet for Masters and PhD programs. Any advice on these would be great.

My running is getting much better, I ran 6 miles without much difficulty Saturday. The difficulty came later when I tried to get out of bed the next day. Ouch.

Still waiting to hear back about nursing council, it'd be great, but I don't think I'll get it. I just don't know anyone here yet!

Lots to do. Maybe I'll think of more to say later!

No comments:

Post a Comment