Monday, May 11, 2009

Uniforms



National uniforms for nurses were voted in favor (76%) in England.

I think this is a good idea.
So I'm not advocating for all white dresses or little hats. That stereotype has gone the way of the... well... look at the picture.

However, the hospital is a confusing place. Very confusing. You've got all kinds of people running around and in an emergency a family member, (or newbie) can't tell a nurse from a housekeeper (a mistake that was made very often on my floor.)

Color-coding people I think is the best way to go.
I'm not just saying this to make it easier on me when I get dressed in the morning. But, I'm all for uniforms, I like knowing what to wear and what to look like. I have nothing against it.

Of course, my personality is strong enough it doesn't have to be shown through my clothing....

I say this while websurfing for good deals on all black scrubs. That's what I was told the ER nurses wear at my facility. Woo hoo!

1 comment:

  1. I love the idea of uniforms but I would have some serious issues giving up my sweat pants which I wear instead of scrub pants. Maybe colour coding just by tops?

    ReplyDelete