Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Dr. Dasovich Arrested at DC protest

Dr. Judy is the assistant Medical Director of the Kitchen Medical Clinic. I spent the past year or so working at Bill's Place in a free clinic run by Missouri State Nursing students. I haven't had too many run-ins with Dr. Judy but I can tell you one thing, she's passionate. So her arrest doesn't surprise me.

The Kitchen Medical Clinic has been on the verge of closing for the past 6 months or so. Friends of mine did their clinicals there. They've been working to keep it open/relocate the patients. These patients are not Medicare/Medicaid approved and have no insurance. This clinic is free and the medications are cheap or free. It's an amazing service to these people who would otherwise die or clog up ERs all the time. As of a few days ago the Clinic decided to stay open. They were due to close in July. So even though I don't have all the details about what exactly was going on, on first impulse I am not too shocked by Dr. Judy's reaction. I just wish it had not occurred.

Here's the CSPAN on youtube.

I love the part when the protesters demand equal representation an Baucus laughs and requests more police.

Here's kind of an interesting video.

They're arguing single payer (like Canada, New Zealand, Japan and Australia have)

Weird stuff. Kinda scary. So health care for all would be great, but the worst part of this is the complete lack of democracy. Fair treatment has to start with fair representation.

And the Moral of the Story is...
It doesn't matter if I agree with someone's statement, they should still be able to state it. If I can't refute someone's argument are my beliefs/facts/opinions correct? If I can refute they're argument then why am I afraid to let them speak?

That's all for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment