Tuesday, May 26, 2009

The less I have to do, the less gets done.

Blerg... Since I finished school I have been so lazy.

There are several things I want to do in my life. I've done none of them since I finished school three weeks ago.

Our speaker for the pinning ceremony (which really deserves a blog of it's own it was so great) was our amazing classmate Joe. He did a truly amazing job. I really will remember it my entire career.
Joe (among other things) challenged us a lot. While most people could, would and sometimes should be cynical of a graduation speech, because this was Joe, I listened and took it to heart.
Everyday do something that scares you
Every week ask someone for help
Every month well, crap, that one I did forget...
Every year do something that changes the world.

I think I could remember most of them, because I already had plans for what I was going to do to help me achieve those goals.

Sadly, I've been ridiculously lazy since graduation. I mean, I've had all the time in the world and I've listened to meager podcasts, read almost no journals, barely even glanced at my magazine subscriptions, and well. You can see my blogs for yourself. *Bare*

It hasn't been bad at all though. I've got to spend time with my kitten, Spock, and my husband, Ewiggen. Plus, my brother got married.
I've just been lazy professionally.

Now, if you'll excuse me I'm going to go shoot some Zombies with my husband now.
*Left 4 Dead!*
w00t

3 comments:

  1. No worries. I haven't done a THING. Has it really been 3 weeks? WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't done much either. I guess I started doing something this week when I started work. But otherwise I suck. I can't believe it's been 3 weeks!! Whoa, time flies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No worries - its only been 3 weeks since you graduated? I didn't do anything extra (professionally) for the next 7 months! I completely enjoyed just going to work and having my time off to pursue other interests that got neglected by school.

    ReplyDelete