Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Turn for the awesome

So my life has definitely taken a turn for the awesome.
I'm on break now. No work for a month, very little school. Just basically I get to sit around and do wth I want. All the time.

So what I'm I doing? Running. Lots of running. This is actually a great treat for me. I love to run, but never get the chance to. I'm a pretty good wuss. I don't like treadmills because I have very high arches that can't handle the flat board. I can't run outside because of my allergies or asthma. I change my mind quite frequently in the middle of things so I don't want to be in the middle of nowhere and suddenly remember I have something else to do. So I've been having a lot of fun with my Wii fit. I've already run for an hour today. Something I have to say I actually feel blessed to get the opportunity to do. On a totally girly side note, as of Monday I lost the 20lbs I gained in nursing school.

Anyway. Not a vast amount of nursing updates. I am however looking for more ways to get involved with Sigma Theta Tau and have started examining Masters and Ph.D programs. Determining what I need to do what I want to do. So many options, so little time... sigh.

I have a cat now. Mr. Spock, he's cute and sweet and already trained. I love cats. He peed in the floor once, got swatted, shown the litter box and has nailed it every time. Last night I thought I had squished him in my sleep, but when I started petting him he purred for the first time. Sounded more like ice in a blender next door than a purr but he's only 7 weeks old.

Geek updates out the wazoo. (Yes, that's medical) Star Trek movie tomorrow. I have tickets for an early showing. I'm going with a gang of people and yes, we all have uniforms. I'm very stoked. My Dad, (where my Trekkie genes come from) is probably more excited than I am. He's getting to go see this movie with a bunch of college students all dressed up and geeking out. It probably takes him back to his college days.

I like podcasts.
Normally I have a pretty set standard of what I listen to when. Nature Podcast is for cleaning the house, Steve Eley's Escape Pod for running, 20 minute yoga for stress, Infectious Disease in the car or surfing the web. Now I've started listening to Cory Doctorow's Craphound. I backed up to the beginning of his short story "Someone Comes to Town, Someone Leaves Town." I'm on section 003 and it's darn good. Oh yea, sorry Steve, but it replaced your running today. Don't worry I'll probably catch up with you later when I run this afternoon.

I think I'll turn my next rambling into it's own post. Otherwise this will be too hefty to enjoy.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the weight loss!! That's awesome! I wish I liked to run more...I have to force myself to exercise. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and the cat is soo cute!!

    ReplyDelete