Friday, October 1, 2010

Habits

I'm a creature of habit. I know this. I also know I can get a bit cranky when those patterns are altered. Throw extra balls at me and if I can't figure out the trajectory in time I'll drop them, and every thing else. Quite angered too.
Not really saying this with much specific in mind, just throwing it out there.
I like to wake up, go running, listen to my podcasts, shower, eat a bit of toast while browsing my google reader and listening to NPR. Then I blog and I go to work. That's how I like to start a day. When that doesn't get to happen, I feel off all day long. Like I've missed the best parts.
Unfortunately, on my days off once I've done my "plan" I have to think of what to do with the next 13 hours.
I'm not off work today, so no worries mate!

I'm reading Hitler's Scientists. It looks at the science in Germany leading up to the WWII and how it affected Hitler's mindset as well as opened/closed certain doors during that war. I'm getting the feeling a LOT of German scientists hated Einstein. Simply HATED him. I've also learned that Hitler was a terrible scientist. Not at all the clever, scheming mastermind he's been portrayed as. If he couldn't understand something he would shake his head and walk away (good thing he couldn't understand Von Braun!) He believed in astrology and homeopathy as well as various other pseudosciences. Once I get further (heh heh) in the book I'll give a better review.

Man, I had this girl shadowing me at work yesterday that simply could not handle silence. I talk, I think I talk too much sometimes, but wow. She was amazing. I didn't handle it very well. Now I'm super aware of how much I speak. I'm working on only talking when necessary. That was a terrible experience. I like silence. It allows for thought.

Oops, work time!
Oh read this if you have time.
Individual intelligence isn't as important as we thought for group functioning!

No comments:

Post a Comment