Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Evidence of things not seen.



I can get a lot done when I have nothing to do.
Here's the proof of John's fall break.
Saturday- Watched House season 6, ate a pizza and made a penguin
Sunday- Watched Scrubs, and painted some minis for Last Night on Earth
Monday- I can't say I remember...

Tuesday-Had sushi with Sarah and Vito, watched zombie movies, played zombie board games and watched A Bit of Fry & Laurie.

Wednesday-Beat Amnesia: The Dark Descent, Climbed Pinnacle Mountain



GAME REVIEW:

Amnesia: The Dark Descent.

Yes, its a scary game. I recommend to play it as prescribed, with headphones and all the lights off. You can't "fight" any of the bad guys, you have to run and hide from them. If you see them, your sanity goes down, if you're in the dark too long your sanity goes down, if anything "creepy happens" your sanity goes down. When your sanity is low the screen is all wonky, fuzzy, and you can't control your character as well. Makes for running from the bad guys really difficult. You have to solve puzzles and wander around this Prussian castle to figure out who you are and why you're being held hostage. There are these undead monsters all over the place that kill you pretty quick, plus weird creepy things like pulsating pink goo that takes over certain rooms and whispering flashbacks of screaming and sounds of torture. The puzzles are not that difficult to figure out (pull some levers, mix some potions) and the game is pretty linear. The graphics are great and yes the game is graphical. No one wears clothes. I don't get it. The corpses I'm ok with them being naked but the main boss? Uh, well old wizard men opening portals to other worlds are normally clothed in the other games I've played. However, it worked. I was ok with it.
I don't want to give the plot away just in case you decide to play it. It's a good game with good graphics and a very small development team that did a great job. Get on Steam and buy Amnesia, but I recommend you have a friend to call when you can't get to sleep at night.

The cat has chewed through the last power cord for the iphones. So... can't up or download anything anymore. I have to email my pictures to myself...Sigh.
Also the Wii won't read discs and the DVD player broke. I don't know what I've done but the tech-gods are angry at me. I guess I didn't kill enough frogs...
Well, there's always the NES with Adventures of Lolo.


My husband has been reading me reddit posts for a while now.
This one is actually a good question.
What's the best thing from your childhood that you can't indulge in now because you're a stinkin' adult?
I'd say trying to get from one side of the room to the other without touching the floor. That was the BEST game ever! I would even try to get from the basement to my room (the attic) as a child, man, it would get tricky in the kitchen, that china cabinet was not too sturdy... Climbing on the furniture, taking huge leaps, man, it was great.

I guess I could do that now but the layout is all wrong. My mom was MUCH better at designing obstacle courses out of furniture. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment