Monday, March 29, 2010

EWiggen's New Shoes!


My husband got new shoes today.

This actually is a big deal. He's been having a lot of foot pain recently. Not good for his current job (phlebotomy) nor his future career (physician) or the fact I like to run. So, the hunt began.

A doctor I work with recently got these shoes.

I thought they were kinda cool. So we began looking for them.

Well, kinda hard to find these it turns out.
While we searched online for a supplier I also did a bit of market-research to see if they were even worth the struggle of locating them.
Then I found this post from Wired.

That just about settled it. We found some at a local running retailer, tested them on the treadmill and satisfied my podicial picky husband.
Man, these shoes are awesome! I'm just too unfortunate to have very small feet, but the store said they could order some for me. No telling when I'll get some though.
There has been a lot of research recently on the benefits of running barefoot. Here's a video from Nature about it. The moment we got home we went for a brief run to test it out. He's been wearing them non-stop since. Reports they make him feel more agile and connected.

Can hardly wait till they come in my size. They're seriously geeky and cool.


Ewiggen's feet -->
(my little shoes beside him!)

No comments:

Post a Comment