Wednesday, March 31, 2010

And then it literally hit me...

Today was week seven in my couch 2 5k running plan and that meant 25 minutes/2.5 miles.

25 MINUTES?! You've got to be kidding me?! I'm the girl who had an asthma attack on lap two around the gym at basketball tryouts! Do you have any IDEA how many steps that is!? Especially when your stride length is no greater than a folded dish towel.

Sigh. But I did it. It was great. I ran the entire time, much to my surprise. I did so at sequoia park.The sun was shining, it was about 80 degrees, very pleasant.

So you can understand my continued surprise when I discovered I had locked my keys in the car. That's ok, I thought dropping to the pavement, I have a hide a key. Or at least thought I did. No bother, I'll call Ewiggen. Who was still recovering from working his awful 3am-7am phlebotomy shift and had his phone off.Um, ok... I guess I'll walk home.

So I did. Today I ran 2.5 miles then walked 45 minutes (uphill) to get back home.
It wasn't bad. I had my iphone with me and access to hours of entertainment. I chose to continue listening to Richard Dawkins' Greatest Show on Earth.
Then, when I was almost home... it hit me, literally, hit me. In the back of the head. Someone had dropped their blackberry out the car window and it hit me, then the pavement, scattering in to three distinct pieces as their expletives raced away comically following the Doppler effect.

So I kept them.

1 comment: