Saturday, February 4, 2012

Today's Accomplishment is...

I was going to ramble a bit about Susan Komen and Planned Parenthood, but that was quickly turned around.


Now what?

Oh yea. I ran a 15k today (about 9miles)
I PLACED 2nd!

Wahoo. Was not expecting that. It was great. All of this work now feels validated. 1 month into the New Year and I've already met a goal of placing in a race. Sweet. Now I can smooth sail the rest of the time.

I did however cause a bit of an issue at the Awards Ceremony.
Sadly, this want not the first time this has happened...




It's nice to get this sort of validation. From my thesis work I'm learning the importance of instant feedback to my generation (Millennials FTW!) Now, society is not exactly set up for instant gratification or feedback (unless you've been sucked into facebook et al.)
This is exactly why I try not to get too involved in social media. Life does not happen instantly. It takes a long time to become good at something, or learn most things of value.
Running is like that.
It took me 1hour and 34 minutes, but it felt really good.

If only it could be faster...

1 comment:

  1. "This is exactly why I try not to get too involved in social media. Life does not happen instantly."

    Instant, is the rule nowadays, eh. Instant coffee, instant noodles, instant food, instant friends and even instant boyfriends. Yet, what our generation nowadays forget to reckon, is that in reality instant will create a low quality product as well as nearly impossible in solving a problem. Life indeed does not happen instantly.

    Cheers,
    Peny@nurse shoe

    ReplyDelete